Sunday, March 6, 2016

PLANTS - The Difference Between Annual, Perennial & Biennial

 photo 2015 Belle River_zpsaa7thvaf.jpg



This post is my 23rd "Contributing Angel" post (Thank you  again to my friend Angel for allowing me to contribute to your amazing blog!)


It's not quite Spring here in Michigan but I can smell it in the air.  All of my seeds have arrived through the mail & I am busy planning my 2016 garden.  Which brings me to today's topic - Plants - the difference between annual, perennial & biennial.

Annual Plant - completes its lifecycle in one season/year.  By "lifecycle" I mean from germination to seed formation.  Here are some examples of annual plants:  green beans, petunia, sage, sunflower, morning glory and so much more.

Perennial Plant - lives for more than 2 years but produces seed in one season without dying afterward.  Some examples of perennials: most fruit trees like apple, vegetables like asparagus or leeks, day lilies, peonies and so much more.

Biennial Plant - 2 years to complete its lifecycle.  Examples are: parsley, caraway, foxglove, parsnips and so much more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment