Thursday, June 4, 2015

Parmesan Roasted Red Potatoes and Green Beans

I love fresh vegetables.

This dish is one of my favorites and I keep it simple and healthy.
30 minutes in the oven or on the grill 



Ingredients


  • 1 pound green beans
  • 6 petite red potatoes, cut into eighths
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese


Instructions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. 

Note:  You can use a bowl for the next step but I use a large food storage bag.

Please all your ingredients into the storage bag and shake to mix and coat your vegetables evenly.

Just empty your bag of coated vegetables onto a 9 x 13 baking sheet and spread out evenly.

Bake for 20 to 30 minutes depending on how you like your vegetables.  I don't like squishy green beans, they have to retain a little of their normal consistency for me.  I usually bake about 20 minutes.  Your potatoes are small and they will cook well in this time frame so base your cooking time on your green beans.

This wonderful dish can also be cooked easily on the grill.  
Instead of the cookie sheet I just place my tossed and coated vegetables onto a large piece of folded aluminum foil to make my covered baking sheet and place them on my hot grill for the same 20 to 30 minutes.


3 comments:

  1. This looks delicious. Definitely going to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally delicious!
    Thanks
    Angie
    PS - Please check your email before posting the CLIMB - there is a correction - Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so yummy! Thank you for partying with us at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete