Thursday, April 25, 2013

Chicken & Rice Casserole

Chicken & Rice Casserole


We are so glad you came to join us.  
I hope you brought some yummy recipes to swap with each other. 
 I'm ready to try them all.  I really love fresh food taste so my dish is fresh and 
unfortunately healthy, however it does not taste like cardboard, I promise.  



The Recipe Swap Hop is below my Casserole recipe






Chicken & Rice Casserole
Ingredients
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
4 scallions, sliced
2 cups broccoli florets
2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken, (skin removed) I use only the breast
1 cup medium-grain white rice
1 plum tomato, chopped
salt and pepper to taste ( I like very little salt )
2 cups  chicken broth
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (about 1 ounce)

Directions
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.  Melt the butter in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat.  Add the garlic and about 3/4 of the scallions and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 2 minutes.  Add the broccoli, chicken, rice, tomato, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste; stir to combine.

Whisk chicken broth and sour cream in a bowl, pour into the skillet and bring to a simmer.  Stir in half of  the parmesan cheese. Cover tightly with a lid or aluminum foil, transfer to the oven and bake until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.

Turn on the broiler.  Uncover the skillet and sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese, then broil until golden brown, about 2 minutes.  Sprinkle with the reserved scallions and serve.

I like a roll of some sort with this casserole and asiago cheese is the perfect compliment.


Enjoy

Angel 

6 comments:

  1. Yum yum yum! Chicken and rice casserole is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have to put the broccoli on the side because Reagan wouldn't eat the rest of it if she saw that in the dish. But ... she loves broccoli on her own though

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delish! My daughter and I could eat meals like this all day long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a nice recipe! Thank you, Angel :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks yummy! Thanks Angel for visiting and for your sweet words. Following you via GFC. I can't see you in my followers list. Please check, you might have missed :)

    ReplyDelete